- Dryer vent cleaning should be done at least once a year.
- Dryers produce lint which becomes trapped in the dryer ducts and dryer vent system.
- Over time dryer lint builds up, blocking airflow, creating a fire hazard and causing your dryer to work harder to do its job.
- Lint is highly flammable so when the airway is obstructed the system overheats and you are at risk of having a dryer fire.
- Besides heat and moisture from the dryer drum, your dryer ducts also carry gas by-products like carbon monoxide from your home.
- If the system is clogged there is a possibility of dryer exhaust leaking into your home, contaminating the air you breathe.
- People who live in condos or attached apartment buildings are at risk even more than in single family homes because the extensive duct system and the number of people living in close quarters.
- Sick Building Syndrome is caused by toxins such as dust, mold, cleaning products, pesticides and certain types of plastic materials that can emit organic compounds into the air including formaldehyde and biological contaminants like pollen, mold, bacteria
- Dirty or moist air ducts and dryer exhaust ducts are the perfect breeding ground for Sick Building Syndrome which causes upper respiratory illness and reduces airflow causing appliances to work harder and use more energy.
- In addition a clogged dryer vent system is a potential fire hazard.
- Air ducts and dryer ducts should be cleaned periodically to prevent these problems.
- Call Dryer Vent Wizard at 1-866-498-7233