- Everyone knows that it is important to clean the lint screen between loads; some people go a step further and vacuum the lint screen chute too.
- Many people are unaware that there is more to maintaining the dryer vent system than just cleaning the lint trap area.
- There are other areas where lint can escape that are difficult for the average homeowner to get to.
- Inside the Dryer: Lint is messy and it spreads easily throughout the dryer. The lint that escapes the lint screen can become trapped in the dryer frame, creating a sloppy mess and a fire hazard.
- The Chute: Another area where lint can become trapped is in the chute where the hot moist air is removed from your home.
- The reduced air flow causes the dryer to work harder to get the laundry dry; therefore, using more energy and costing more money in utility bills.
- The Dryer Vent: The end of the journey for heat, moisture and lint is the dryer vent on the outside of the home.
- If the vent is not working properly, or it is broken, bugs and rodents will have easy access to your home as well.