- Maintaining the Lint Filter is good, but it is not enough.
- Professional dryer vent cleaning is recommended once a year to remove lint that escapes the filter and builds up in the dryer ducts.
- Do only full loads to avoid wasting energy; but, be careful not to overload, which causes appliances to overwork.
- Separate Light and Heavy Weights; towels and jeans take longer to dry than lighter weight items like T-Shirts.
- Dryer Sensors on newer models of clothes dryers save energy by automatically shutting off the dryer when a load is dry.
- Solar Drying is free! Hang some of your laundry outdoors when the weather is right.
- Clothing Rods are great for using indoors or outdoors; use these for a short time, to begin drying your laundry, before putting it into the dryer, to reduce the amount of energy used by your dryer.
- When dryer vent systems become clogged with lint, air flow is reduced, the appliance overworks; therefore, using more energy to dry your laundry.
- It is also a FIRE HAZARD!