- Not only does deck cleaning and sealing protect the wood, it is a safety precaution.
- As snow, ice and water mix with dirt, it creates a perfect environment for mold and mildew to grow.
- This causes damage to the wood and creates a slippery surface.
- Deck boards and fasteners can come loose as freezing and thawing temperatures cause wood to swell and shrink.
- This can be a trip and fall hazard for guests and residents.
- Even if your deck was cleaned and sealed in the spring, it’s still a good idea to be sure it is ready to face the winter.
- Test for water repellency. If water beads up on the surface, your deck is ready for winter. If not, then you need wood protectant applied.
- Wood Re New’s wood cleaning and sealing products are designed exclusively for exterior wood surfaces to kill mold, mildew and algae.
- The cleaner works so well that technicians are able to restore the wood applying only low pressure at safe distances with power washers.
- Wood Re New products are environmentally safe and extremely effective. No bleaches, acids or harsh chemicals are used and products are safe around ornamental plants, pets and children.