- There are several things the Wizard is looking for that may require corrections to produce maximum dryer safety and efficiency:
- UL Rating: Underwriters Laboratories tests electrical devices and their construction and certifies their safety.
- Does your clothes dryer and dryer vent system meet UL safety standards?
- Short Ducts: The longer the distance from the back of your dryer to the dryer vent outside, the greater the chances are that lint has built up somewhere in the system, causing your dryer to overwork and use more energy.
- Bends: The more bends and turns there are in your dryer duct system, the greater the chances of lint becoming trapped, blocking air flow and creating a fire hazard.
- Smooth inside: The parts of the dryer exhaust system should be made of semi-rigid metal and be smooth on the inside to allow proper air flow.
- Pieces should be joined with foil tape, not screws that protrude into the inside, catching lint on its way to the vent outdoors.
- Is your dryer vent system made up of aluminum or vinyl or plastic? Vinyl or plastic are no longer recommended.
- Dryer Vent Cleaning prevents clothes dryer fires!
- Dryer Vent Cleaning reduces energy bills!
- Dryer Vent Cleaning is recommended at least once a year!